Followers

4/13/2012

Artistic Fern

Happy Friday ....isn't it lovely when Friday finally arrives? Even though I'm retired (LOL)--, psychologically, I'm still happy when Friday gets here. Old habits are hard to break. Here is a card experiment using the Hero Arts/Sizzix stamp+emboss set Artistic Fern.  I used Faber Castell Big Brush pens-blues & greens. There are many informative videos showing how to use these pens. I've had these for a while, but this is my first attempt using them.  I colored with the brush end of the pen directly onto the rubber stamp; then spritzed lightly with some water and stamped onto white cardstock. It's a nice watercolor effect. After the cs had dried well, I used the matching embossing folder to run the cs through the Big Shot. I like the look, but this is a rather large-ish stamp, so how to make a card with it? Can't do too much matting, so I tried using THoltz Distress inks to make a background of sorts around the embossed fern; used the distressing tool which has the little razor that is scraped along the edge of the cs to distress it for more texture. I found some light blue cardstock for the cardbase, then hunted up colors for matting. The image needed some contrast & to tie in colors used on the stamp. I used a spellbinder rectangle to cut all the layers. A smaller rectangle cut out the inner parts of the mats so the card won't be so heavy when mailed.  Additionally, those pieces may work with another project. (That is: IF I remember I have them, and IF I can remember where I put them! :-} The sentiment will have to go inside the card, when I decide how it shall be used. Here's a link to Jennifer McGuire, where I first saw these Faber Castell pens: ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j3LHofZ9Lc&feature=plcp&context=C49898deVDvjVQa1PpcFNBzYe3UdP2L-cd9RDqp0UJsiO8Sm6R1ow%3D
Hope the link will work for you; Jill Foster also has some videos showing these pens.

No comments:

Post a Comment