Followers

4/07/2012

Easter cross

What a beautiful morning we are having, and especially compared to the dreary one that started Friday. I have another Easter Cross card to share today. This cross was from Spellbinders, a few years ago, and even though I bought the 2012 set, I still think I like the older one best. It adapts itself to so many different looks. The photo doesn't show up as well as I'd like, because this card is really quite pretty. I believe I do like the white on white cards I did earlier much better (I sent out quite a few of those...and once the die cutting was done, the cards were put together fairly quickly). I think this card turned out well also. The raised window die is from Heartfelt, and the embossed background is a cardscrap of a Sizzix embossing folder used earlier this week. The scrap was on the desk, and when I tested it as a background against the teal cardstock and the white elements, I rather liked the look. Corners are from a Spellbinder die, and the 2 different cross elements are each raised with pop dot strips. Hope you will enjoy it. I forget to note the specific names of the elements I try until I get something that I like, but if you should want to know, please email & I'll be happy to answer any questions. Happy Easter to all.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, this really is gorgeous! I love all the white layers - a stunning effect.

    I'm guessing that you entered this into the snippets challenge honey? Your link just brings me to your blog but not a specific posting. As this is the latest posting I hope I got it right.

    Also, you should put a link into your own posting to the snippets challenge to be included in the roll call, but I've let that go anyhow for this card.If you get stuck, drop me an email and I'll guide you through it. Don't worry about it, little steps at a time!

    My email is di_wray@hotmail.com

    Happy Easter!

    /) /)
    (-.-)
    0_(“)(“)

    Love, Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card. Really like it all done in white. Happy Easter wishes. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary nice to see you in the playground and with such a breathtaking card. I love the embossed background behind the cross, gorgeous!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! It really shows off the cross and love the touches of the corners with the pearl accents. You go girl!! You will be published before me!

    ReplyDelete