Followers

4/23/2012

Sympathy

Good evening Friends. Hope that you had a wonderful relaxing weekend. Our Saturday started out sadly, as we learned of the loss of a dear neighbor. He had battled bone cancer valiantly for the last 3 years. He was a dear sweet person, and we will miss him. The first time I ever met him, I thought of George Burns. Not that he really looked like Mr. Burns, but he had that same mischievous twinkle in his blue eyes and such a droll sense of humor. This card is made for his sweet wife, in his Memory. She was devoted to him and especially so these last 3 years. The past few weeks have been really tough on her, as his care was - of necessity - 24 hrs around the clock. The card:
I used lightweight pale blue cardstock, embossed with the C/Bug Dots folder. I used the S/binder Moroccan Motifs, which I found in our local Michaels. I just happened to have a 50% coupon, Yippee! The other 2 smaller dies were cut, embossed, and all the layers popped up, with the petals curled just a bit on the 2 smaller dies. Still looked like it needed 'something' in the center, so used a scalloped punch to cut about 5 punches, edged with Momento Bahama Blue die ink. Pierced the center, added a brad to hold the layers together. Spritzed the layers with a little water, scrunched up, then after a couple minutes, started to shape the layers. This was a new effort for me, never tried this technique before, and I liked it. However, I might use fewer layers next time.  Lace trim was from my sewing stash. The sentiment was stamped on a Labels 9, one of the smaller dies. I had a clear set of sentiments, which I cut apart, to fit the space on the label. Stamped with Versamark, embossed with Ranger Queen's Gold. I used a Krylon Gold pen around the edges. I hope my neighbor will like it, and be comforted that we thought of her.

This afternoon I went with some friends down to The Mercantile in Pendleton (an historic Southern town - with lots of lovely quaint old buildings on the streets). The lovely Natalie, a rep from Magenta, held a techniques class. We had a lot of fun, made 3 cards using many different & interesting techniques. I work slowly, so managed to finish one card, but have to complete the other 2. I must get it done, before I forget what I'm supposed to do. I seem to spend a lot of time, looking for something I just had in my hands 5 minutes ago. Do you do that too? I think I must have Gremlins in my craft room, and they hide & pick up stuff that I put down for just a minute while I hunt for something else....:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment