Followers

6/16/2012

Birthday


Happy Saturday afternoon. It's been quite lovely around our area, a little on the warm side, but the humidity is lower, so it doesn't feel muggy. Here's a card for a dear friend who will be 91 years young at the end of the month. A very dear lady, and I wanted something special for her. The image is from Inky Antics Clear Sets - Daisy Bouquet - purchased from Scrapbook Creations in Spartanburg, SC (http://www.scrapbkcreations.com). Colored - of course - with copics in shades of blue, green and yellow oranges. I used Spica pens on the little trim under the cup rim, and IRL it's a bit glittery. The image was diecut with a Spellbinder Circle die, sponged with Momento Summer Sky while still in the die. I had some cardstock handy which I had been experimenting with some H20's and different sprays in shades of blue & gold. So I used that to diecut a mat with a S/Binder scalloped circle that fit the image. The background is a Darice EF, Argyle. The blue ribbon is adhered around the EF layer & a dark blue cardstock. These layers were affixed to a light blue textured Bazzill  card base. The focal image is popped up. The sentiment was cut with a SU oval punch, stamped with Momento Sky Blue, adhered flat. I hope our friend will enjoy it, and know we were thinking of her on her big day.

1 comment:

  1. Mary Your card is beautiful....Your color choice are very relaxing and the warmth of summer reflects in your beautifully colored flowers. I'm yet to give the copic's a try. Something on my bucket list when I return from vacation. I'm sure your lovely friend will cherish your card. I too make cards for OWH. A great organization...

    ReplyDelete