Followers

6/04/2012

Sympathy

Here we are at Monday once again. This year has totally flown by. Here's a sympathy card that I did quickly last week after watching this video at Gina K's Stamp TV (http://stamptv.ning.com/video/laced-sympathy-card). She does THE best videos..very clearly ennunciating the directions, keeping her hands from blocking the camera, etc. I didn't use the same stamps, but the focal stamp was from one of her sets, just not the one used in the above video. The lace border stamp was probably from Michael's bought with a coupon, but I thought it looked well here. I diecut the image using S/Binders Lacy oval, sponged it with the same technique demonstrated in Gina's video (stamping in Momento, stamping off), then sponging on the image. I used the C/bug Emb Folder- dots- in the upper part of the black mat. Then used versamark & white emboss powder, heatset - for the lace trim.  I used popdots to pop up the focal image; matted on black, then white, with a black cardbase. This was one of the fastest cards I've done - I'm a Slowww cardmaker. I had just watched this video in the morning, then found I needed a card midafternoon. Because I was able to make this one quickly, I made one posted earlier & used that one. Having one on hand really takes the pressure off! So thanks Gina K! I hope you have time to check out her video and there are lots of others at the site to enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect Sympathy card Mary - beautifully made. Off to peek at the video now!

    Have a nice day, it's morning here and throwing it down with rain - such a shame for the Jubilee celebrations in London and elsewhere round the UK :(

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete