Followers

10/07/2012

Birthday

Welcome. Let's have a cup of something and chat for a bit, why don't we? Well, since I'm at the keyboard, I'll chat, and you, my lovely visitor, can comment! How's that? Here's a PSX sunflower (at least I think it's a PSX...as it's an image I stamped up from a borrowed stamp during one of our local Thursday stamp gatherings some while ago). A lot of my buddies have PSX stamps, which closed their business long before I ever thought about getting into rubber stamping. These ladies are so generous to share their stamps - which I do appreciate. I decided this cheery sunflower would make an end-of-summer birthday card that I must get ready. Of course it's colored with copics onto Copic Xpress paper. Diecut with a S/Binder rectangle (and if you should want to know the name, leave a comment; I'll be glad to look it up and edit this post to give exact specifics). As you can see I sponged the outer edges. After I sponged on the outer scallops, I wasn't too sure I liked it...believe it might be more effective to keep all sponging inside. Oh well, when it's done, it's done! I have a few more of these stamped, so when I color another one, I will leave the outer part white. I put some Glossy Accents onto the highlite in the brown centers, used some sparkly Spicas around here & there. Also added some white Viva Decor Pearls in the corners, & on the little flower by the sentiment. Sentiment is from the SU Teeny Tiny Sentiments, used 2 SU punches for the sentiment. The mat is a snippet of green Bazzill left from another project (where I had cut out the inside to save on the layering weight...those pieces come in quite handy!) and the cardbase is craft. Thanks for popping in, and I enjoyed visiting with you. See you later, and have a lovely day. Think I'll wander over to the Playground and see if there's anyone playing...I hear it's wet & windy, but maybe they might enjoy a cup of Keurig's Chocolate Raspberry Truffle. Ummm yummy. These are some fun ladies, you might want to check out Pixie's Playground if you have time, look for the latest playground challenge. Some very talented cardmakers...and so generous with their help & support to a new blogger. Thanks for visiting. See ya later.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, such a lovely card and a bright and cheerful stamp. Sadly the sunflowers have finished blooming here in the UK and the flower heads make a beautiful meal for the birds. Take care x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Mary . . .that is just GORGEOUS. I love sunflowers. I'm over at the Playground on the see saw but am willing to whizz round on the roundabout with you if you like!

    Have a great week.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, lovely card - I like the vibrant sunflower against the gorgeous green. Sunflowers are happy flowers. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. just beautiful, Mary! What a gorgeous stamp, perfectly coloured too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautifully done card, Mary! Your coloring is always so inspiring!! I'll take a cup, please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! I love the detail and colours! Thank you so much for following my blog! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary

    A gorgeous card. I love the sponging and think it finishes everything off beautifully.

    Your image is cut with a lovely die. No need for matting and layering with that!!

    Great image too.

    I hope you have had a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary, firstly thanks for the Playground shout - the more the merrier really. And I adore your card, the sunflower is just stunning! One of my fave flowers too I must say. Love the die you used and like Jules I think the sponging is gorgeous and such a lovely finish. Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card - I do like sunflowers. Personally, I like the sponged effect. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love sunflowers, Mary, and these are so beautifully colored! I don't have any Copics yet (well, I do have one) but am planning on ordering some and giving them a try. I may be looking for advice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Mary this is a beautiful card! I so love sunflowers and you've colored them so pretty! I also love your sponging on your nestie, looks fabulous. Love the pearls from the pearl pen. Just a fabulous and beautiful card my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is very pretty mary and i like the sponged edges too!

    ReplyDelete