Followers

12/26/2012

Miscellaneous

Hello and I hope all of you in Blogland had a wonderfully Merry & Happy Christmas. Ours was quiet, but we were with our daughter & son-in-law, so we had the most important ingredients to make our day a lovely one. We were so blessed to have been able to be with them, have a nice meal, a nice home to share it in, loved ones around the table. We stopped to count our blessings, realizing there are so many in the world who do not share in these things which we frequently take for granted. All the presents and hoopla that have become such a part of the holiday seem to have obscured what it really IS all about: Giving to others and appreciating the simple things of life...maybe not so simple after all. I try to truly be thankful for each day, and all the wonderful things I've had and still have in my life. I guess now is a good time to think of all that, and remind myself not to forget it in the hubub of everyday living.

We are in So. Florida, and our Christmas morning started out beautifully sunny, about 76 degrees.(and it was raining, gloomy & cold in our SC hometown).  Then Mr. Sun decided to hide and the remainder of the afternoon was a bit overcast. Today was much the same, then we had a little thunderstorm, with some rain. More overcast and some strong winds. I have been sitting this evening & trying to get to visit all my blog followers' blogs as I had gotten so behind. I brought some images to color while I sit around, but didn't bring along supplies to actuallly make a card. Brought my camera with intentions of sharing some pictures. My desktop has a cardslot where I can just slide in the memory chip. Laptop doesn't have such, and I didn't bring the camera usb cord, so no pictures can I share. Ah well, we know what kind of a photographer I am anyway. So no big loss to Blogland. LOL.

Just wanted to pop in, and say Hi, to anyone who buzzes in to see what's going on. So I'm just ramblin' on, and I'll say goodnight, and hope you have a wonderful day planned for tomorrow. Blessings and Hugs, and as always, thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mary

    You are so right.

    We need to remember and count our blessings every day!!

    You Christmas sounds like it was so lovely.

    I always take colouring away with me .. .. what are we like?

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog .. sorry my quiz was torture treatment!!

    Enjoy the rest of your break.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas! Have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas sounded lovely.
    Iam glad you got to spend it with your family, that truly is a blessing.
    Merry Christmas Mary and I hope that you have a lovely New Years.
    Hugs
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete