Followers

1/11/2013

Birthday

Good afternoon and welcome to 2 new followers. Thanks for joining me on a gloomy rainy & gray Friday afternoon. I had just posted this card (Blogger...grrr ) and was doing another post, and somehow deleted both of them. Operator Error. Can't blame blogger for all of it. This is a card with a Prickley Pear Francine image (GG04010), and the design paper is Graphic 45 Fashionista. I am so not happy with this card. The image should have been easy to color, but it was not. I had to use black (or a light brown) to stamp because of the face. Stamping in a color would have looked odd because of face I think. After doing the face and body, I colored the dress in shades of Cool Gray, then the trim in pinkish shades of Red (copics of course). It was pretty flat looking, so I added some clear Spica for a bit of sparkle, then some Sakura Clear Star. Finally decided to use a bit of pink smooch (the one that looks like fingernail polish) on the trim. Diecut with a S/B deckled rectangle & distressed around the edges with Memento London Fog. My friend has been a clothing buyer in her early career, and is one of these ladies who always looks so perfectly polished, no matter what she wears. She's very dear to me, so I can't just hate her for her cool turnout, which sadly, I can not emulate at all!!! LOL. So I really wanted to use the stamp and design paper for her card. Used the reverse side of the Fashionista & an MS deco looking punch to cut the border behind the image. Still didn't like what I was creating, so decided to use a square scrap of the trim side & the same MS corner punch to make corner trim on the image. The sentiment is a S/B grommet die, edged with London Fog, and the pearls were colored in shades of Red copics to match the smooch color. I'm thinking I may take this apart, and put a hot pink just-plain scant rectangle piece behind the image. Or it may just end in the trash...some you win, some you lose. Anyway, have a blessed Friday, and I'll try to get back later with another post showing the stamp positioner that I had some questions about yesterday. Hugs, and thanks for visiting.
Edit: I didn't like the look of the card as posted first. Found some 'pink-ish' design paper in the scrap pile, cut a rectangle to fit the focal image. I was able to un-adhere (is that a word?) the image without doing too much damage to the face of the card. Plopped the new rectangle mat behind the focal image, stuck it back down, and like it much better. I was glad to not have to totally scrapthe first effort. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Well, my friend, I think this is fantastic! I love the way you've colored this wonderful image! I haven't had any problems with Blogger, but then I use Google Chrome. The Geeks loaded it on my laptop when I bought it and after a few days I was comfortable with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are much too hard on yoursl f. This card is lovely. Your colouring is lovely. You are lovely 3 ticks in my book makes a hit. Hugs Mrs A

    ReplyDelete
  3. G45 DP is so gorgeous! Love what you created!!! You did an outstanding job pairing your stamp with the DP! Your coloring looks gorgeous...I thought at first it was G45 DP Image!

    Thanks so much for following my blog. I am following you too! Thanks for the kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary don't you dare throw this beautiful card away!!! I love how you colored your lady, she looks so awesome and that touch of red/pink looks so amazing and brings her to life! I am so loving the papers you chose and love the retro feel to this card!! Don't worry Mary, I'm one of those people who never look put together either. lol I'm just a country pumpkin hick! lol The card is simple gorgeous my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete