Followers

1/22/2013

Recycled Cards


Good Morning Lovely Reader, and here's to a wonderful day!! I'm seeing a lot of cards made recently using the lovely Christmas cards this past holiday and I have loved that idea. We received so many beautiful ones over the years and I've saved them all, with the idea of someday doing 'something' with them. They were just too pretty to toss. I've seen some great cards made here  and here (and these are just 2 blogs that I've seen this project...there are plenty more). So last evening I found a S/Binder die, selected a pretty card, and off I went. Cutting the scene was the easiest part... This was a rather large card and I've saved a part of it to try a window frame effect with the Memory Box window die. That's another project, so we'll see how it goes. In the meantime...here's the card specs on THIS one:
 
- Spellbinder Label 5
 
- Memory Box Frostyville Border
 
- Memory Box Snowflake Corner
 
- Paper Studio Snowflake embossing folder
 
- Smooth Bazzill navy blue paper
 
Hope you like this one, and check out some other recycling blogs. I started a new Label category for this one, called Recycled Cards. I plan to use some more of the nice cards we have received over the years. Thanks Di and Sharon, (above links) and so many others who gave me this neat idea. As always, thanks for visiting this morning, and have a Blessed day. Hugs
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Great idea! I love the idea of recycling things too and have admired the 2 blogs you mentioned.
    You did a great job on this and I love the idea of starting a label for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, fabulous Mary! You framed the image beautifully with the MB die cuts. And thank you for the shout out :))

    I still owe you that email - oops :(

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every year I say I'm going to recycle Christmas cards - and then never do it! Thanks for the inspiration!
    This is SO PRETTY - love that die you used in the corner! Lovely card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary,

    Beautiful card! I didn't send many cards out but did get several that I've held onto so that I can recycle and make cards for next year.

    I took a crafting class at a new store in town yesterday. I'll post what I made later in the week. It felt good to actually do a project all the way to the end!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Mary, how pretty with the die cut border and corner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! Love the borders that you used as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Mary, this card is just beautiful! I love that you are recycling old Christmas cards, perfect!! I also love, love the die cut of the snowflakes and swirls, so beautiful and lends to much to the design of the card. You can really rock the cards out my friend!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete