Followers

2/27/2013

Christmas, Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge

Good evening Bloggers. Welcome to another new follower! I surely do appreciate my followers!  We had a beautiful sunshine day, made it to our fitness center, did some errands..all in all, a productive day. (I don't seem to have enough of those...my own fault). I entered a Christmas Challenge yesterday at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge Extra. She kindly sent me a link to another challenge & since I had a card nearly ready, thought I would take the plunge. Here goes:

 
 

Used Memento Summer Sky, London Fog for the snow, sponging using a template to create the snowdrifts. Used Memento Summer Sky, Angel Pink & Dandelion Yellow for the sky. Then started stamping on the sponged piece
 
- Snowbirds image is Art Impressions (are they not adorable?! Colored with copics since I was coloring over the Memento sponging)
 
- Trees (don't remember company, used Memento Cottage Ivy, stamping off once before stamping)
 
I dabbed some London Fog under the birds  and around the tree bases using a Q-tip to create a bit of a shadow.
 
Then used a thin Multi-liner pen to creae their tracks
 
- Diecut with S/Binders Classic Square Large.
- Diecut blue mat with S/Binders Grand Square #1 die
- Diecut cardbase (Snowflake paper from a 12x12 Christmas pack) with S/Binders Grand Scalloped Square #1 die
- used a S/Binders Medallion (think it is Morrocan) to cut a small medallion, cut it apart, adhered with glue dots, added some red rhinestones.
- Peace sentiment from a clear Impression Obsession set, stamped with Versamark, embossed with Ranger Silver Detail Embossing.
 
The little white edge showing at the bottom is because I can't get the card to lie flat. Will have to use the old 'stack a heavy book' routine, or else perhaps some repositionable adhesive until it behaves properly.
 
Thanks for joining me this evening, and please check out Hazel's CHNC, Challenge 113. I'm off to test Mr. Linky. Sometimes he likes me, sometimes he does not! In the meantime, have a wonderful evening. Hugs.
 
 
 

16 comments:

  1. Love this card Mary, the shape is great, I love the paper you used, so fancy looking! Those little snow birds are just darling and of course I love the pine trees! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, Mary. Like the way the sky again all the "snow" looks and also the shaped card. Very nice!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pretty winter scene you've created and i love the shape and cute little birdies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the shape of your card Mary and those little birds are so sweet. Like the way you 'grounded' the birds too, looks much more realistic that way. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. The inking is just wonderful. The sky looks so realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful winter/christmas card, I like the scallop border around the outside of it. Have a great day, Shirleys

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your peaceful card is beautiful - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 113 - and, of course, you can also link it for my monthly challenge as well - would love to see it there - hope to see more of your lovely crafting soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the scalloped background and the little characters are adorable! Lovely card. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the shape and layout of the card, the birds are really cute. Great card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is delightful - love the way you have designed this baby!!! Those little birds are so cute. Well done!
    Did I hear you all might be getting snow!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are very good doing Christmas cards! I have promised to myself I would do 1 card a week but I haven't done any for about 3 weeks! Huh!
    Lovely card, thank you for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Cardarian

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhh...lovely! First I LOVE the shape of your card. Then I love everything else...

    The scene you created is beautiful. Thee are some challenges that are just about building scene. Brenda at Floral Fantasies does a lot of that kind of beautiful work. Her blog would have the challenge names I think.

    The little birds are adorable and I love that you took a pen and drew in their footsteps. Great card Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Back again...thanks for all the kind comments tonight! No news yet on Little Mr. P. My DD called the office and was told the bone scan results are still at the hospital. The scan has been reviewed and the report has been written...now it is waiting the senior radiologist to approve the report before it is released to the pediatrician and the orthopod. My daughter is expecting a call next week or so from the pediatrician to set up an appointment to discuss the findings.
    I am away till next Sunday visiting my Mum...I will update you when I get back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card, Mary! Love the pretty image and the scallop border! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute scene you have made from your stamps. Love the background colouring you have created. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful Mary, I've never attempted to create a scene before. We never got above freezing in Michigan this weekend, so I think your cold spell is relative, lol!!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete