Followers

5/04/2013

All Occasion

Happy Saturday afternoon Friends...and I hope it's a wonderful one in your part of the world. It's another gloomy dreary one here in Upstate SC, windy, and the temps have dropped again (not terribly, but in the low 50's).  I'm scurrying around trying to get ready to leave early tomorrow for a few days. Got my list, checking it off as I do things, adding stuff on the list I forgot to write the first time. I tried to get some cards finished last night, so I could schedule some posts while I'm away. I decided to leave the laptop at home on this short trip. We'll be visiting museums (I HOPE) and doing a lot of walking, so I expect at night I shall be too tired to get on a computer. We got our breathing machines yesterday...DH's is slightly different from the one I have to use. The technician who brought them out, showed us the use & cleaning thereof, strongly suggested we take them with us. Reason: There is a chip in each machine that shows the usage hours, any problems the patient might have with air leakage, etc., and in order to have Medicare cover these items - you are required to use it a certain number of hours in a certain time frame. So - the laptop would be just one more bag to lug along. Let me tell you, all the info this lovely lady passed along to us, put my ole brain right into info overload!!! Fortunately there is a manual for each machine, and hopefully we will both get better sleep - and have more energy - with regular use of the CPap (DH's) and VPap (mine). OK, enough waffling, onto the card:

 

 
- stamp is P Black Winter Ledge, airbrushed from the top down, with Copic Violets, Pinks, blues, yellow greens, greens, all in very light colors. I tried sponging ala Heather Telford with Memento inks, and was satisfied (a bit!) with the effect. Then I tried to do the stamp with versamark, heatset with clear emboss, use a Stamp-a-majig and restamp slightly offset with black. Bet you can guess what happened. So, I started over, just used my airbrushing, and then only stamped once with Memento Tuxedo black.
 
- diecut with S/Binders Label 1. Sponged some DI Stormy Sky around the edges while still in the die. Faux cut a black mat with the same S/Binder.
 
- cardbase is white c/s, diecut with Spellbinders Grand Label one.
 
Will put any sentiment on the inside, because I don't want to draw the eye away from the pretty stamp. I think you'll see this stamp used here again because I believe it is quite versatile. Hope you enjoyed the cardshare, and have a Blessed Day. Thanks for the gift of your time today, and always appreciate any comment you'd care to leave for feedback! Hugs
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, the airbrushing looks amazing on your really beautiful card. Love the colours! Hope you have a wonderful few days away. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a beautiful card Mary, it's absolutely fabulous - and so right not to add a sentiment outside.

    Have a wonderful break away, and we'll be here waiting for you, as always, when you get home.

    Have fun my friend :)

    Hugs

    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and I LOVE your sponging on here!! So beautiful.
    Hope y'all have a safe and fun trip.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, looks like a lovely scene in the woods and i love the colours and sponging. enjoy your trip and i hope your new machines help.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your background is gorgeous, Mary! It looks like the sun is just rising behind those sweet bushes! Love it! Have a safe and fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary. Thanks for visiting my blog and this is my first visit to yours. LOVE the card above. Have never tried airbrushing, but love the effect and might have to look into what I'd need to give it a try :) Isn't it wonderful how we all enable each other to buy more craft supplies?? Bonnie's very good at that as well :)

    My hubby uses a CPap machine and has for a few years now. Made a world of difference for him - so much more rested and feeling better. Hopefully the same results for you and your hubby too. And as another interesting tidbit ... it is a lifesaver in more ways that it is intended. Of course, it is essential for anyone who has Sleep Apnea ... but it also made a huge amount of noise when my husband went into cardiac arrest in the middle of the night last fall. The noise woke me up and I started CPR until the paramedics arrived ... it literally saved my husband's life. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card Mary! You do such a fantastic job with the airbrushing...it is so soft and swirly...very muted and understated so the beaty of that stamp shines through.
    You are sure right about this one being versatile...I think we will see it pop in to your posts again!

    Have a wonderful trip...have fun at the Smithsonian...and enjoy your new blissful sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary you have done a wonderful job air brushing the background on this beautiful card! I love cards like this and as always you don't disappoint! Amazing and beautiful!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty and artsy -- well done!! I got so far behind in my blog peeking I just deleted everything. It really weighs me down to get so far behind.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so unusual and pretty. lovies. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card Bernie. Beautiful job. Is that really airbrushing? Wow? I would have made such a mess of it and ended up coughing no doubt! Not good to inhale paint I should imagine.
    Hope you managed to find your hotel!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete