Followers

11/13/2013

Winter Village

Hello and welcome; it's hectic at our house. The window installers didn't make it Monday, but they did show up on time Tuesday (and they did call Monday to reschedule. So although I was irritated, I got over it, and was grateful at least they didn't leave us sitting home waiting for them to show up!). Good progress is being made.

I've been seeing so many beautiful white on white scenes around Blogland lately, so I thought I'd try one. I also like the torn white layers used on many of these cards, so tried that effect on the one shared today.


- first layer was an Impression Obsession tree die that is the very small background trees. This die goes with a stamp (which I didn't see when I bought the die). Adhered the die cut to a torn strip, then used dimensional tape to pop up from the card base.

- Next layer is Memory Box Winter Village - house & bare branched trees. Glued this piece to torn strip, then popped it over the first tree layer.

- torn layers of white textured paper; used Ranger Star Dust Stickles over the torn edge, then sprinkled coarse MS glitter. Each layer was popped up on the card, stickles & glitter being added to the layer, then dried before adding additional layers.

Once I had all assembled decided to die cut the taller tree, and was able to slide it behind the very first layer so that it hopefully appears at more of a distance! This is my very first all white card, and you can see some of my inspiration cards here, here and here. So please do give yourself a huge treat and check out these lovely cards.

Thanks for joining me today. I will try to edit this scheduled post later for 2 challenges I'd like to submit it to, but as this is a scheduled post, I'll have to do the linking when the post goes live. Hugs to you from me. Have a wonderful day.

Edit: As promised back I am to link this card with Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge 150, where the Christmas theme is "outdoors'. and also submitting to Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra. This one is not strictly a Christmas card (yet!), but it could be, with a silver Merry Christmas sentiment sticker added at the bottom;,  it IS an outdoor theme, so I hope it will qualify. I can see there are already lots of entries, so if you have time, pop on over to Hazel's to enjoy some of these delectable cards.

*******
And yes it's been a very busy day here at our house. It's supposed to be 25F tonight. The guys working in our attic, turned off our heat. We didn't realize this until about 5:30 this evening, as folks were coming in & out all day with the windows, attic stuff going on. So when I felt cold, I just thought it was because they kept leaving doors open. Right about dark I felt cold enough to go bump up the thermostat and realized it was OFF! We've never had to do anything to turn on our heat, except turn on the thermostat. So DH had to go upstairs to the attic where the furnace part of our system is, and find the switch to turn on the thermostat. He thought he had done it, but then nothing was happening. Thought we'd have to call the heat/cooling system guy out here on a night call - think very expensive house call! - because we didn't want to have frozen pipes over night with no heat in the house. I was perturbed that the guys didn't tell us, or if they didn't realize they'd turned something off, that's even more unsettling. When we do this kind of thing, we always encounter Murphy's Law. On the other hand, the window guys have done a really nice job, worked efficiently, and would have been finished this afternoon, except they had a late arrival. One of the crew had frozen pipes! And oh yes, the door that was delivered, was not what we had ordered, so we refused to accept it. But that wasn't the installers fault! Oh happy day. And yep, we've built 2 houses, so we know this is part of the routine. We did some total kitchen remodeling in our first house, and yes, that kind of thing happened with that deal. You survive it and laugh about it - much later!!! Hugs & stay warm if it's cold where you are.

20 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love a white on white card and you've created a wonderful, wintry scene. I love your dies and the snowy scene you made.
    The guys are at my house right now installing my French door and I am freezing to death. They came on the coldest day we've had...it was 25 last night and still very cold. The whole house is getting cold, as you can imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary, beautiful WOW card, love texture and depth. Just wanted to pop over to say welcome to the Christmas Card Club - the ladies are lovely and we hope you will enjoy the challenges. Hope your building work is completed soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary
    Fabulous card.... I am one of the CCC Girls.....
    I am you new follower
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely lovely Mary! And thank you for linking to my first WOW card! I adore how you did all the layers - and guess what, that MB Cabin die is in the toy box here waiting to be a prize!

    Pleased work is progressing with the windows - it's always a bit of a drama here when we have big stuff done to the house. To think I was home alone during the day and project managed a whole house extension over a six month spell - I rest my case!!!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh a snow covered village, that is what I'm thinking of right now. This is beautiful, Mary. Very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. White on winter white!! So lovely!! I've tried to do a white card before and always end up adding some color - but love what you've done. LOVELY!!!
    Sorry about the window guys - but guess they're busy as bees now!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. just love white on white Mary......and those dies really make a scene they are great.....lovely xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love white on white Mary and your card looks great. Oddly enough when I was at the NEC last week for the Hobbycrafts Show I bought a die which was a house and trees giving a similar effect but smaller. I though it would be a good die to make batch cards with. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty. I think all white cards are so elegant. The glitter makes it just sparkle. It sounds like you have your hands full with replacement windows. It's a big job but it's good you'll get it done before cold weather. Should make the house nice and toasty. I don't know where I've been but I went back over your blog. Your creations are great as always. Love all the Halloween ones I missed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant card, I am a big fan of WOW cards and so very glad that you decided to try it.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary. Fabulous white-on-white winter scene. Lovely mix of dies and tearing!! Thanks for the shout out and I'm so happy that you were inspired by my Snowy Christmas card :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful white on white card Mary I like the scene and the sparkle
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This white on white card is so beautiful! I love all your lovely layers and wanted to say that you got such great perspective with your scene.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've really created a gorgeous scene here Mary! I love your white on white creation! I've been meaning to make one myself, but I keep forgetting! very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Mary this card is stunning!!!! I never imagined a tone on tone being this beautiful... I love this!!! You have some magical hands my friend!!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning white on white card Mary fab layers its gorgeous huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Momma Mary this white on white card is gorgeous!! I love white on white cards and I love the dies that you used to create this scene with. Might have to try and hunt those dies down. lol Momma Mary you can enter this in the white on white challenge at BBTB2 as well. The link is on my blog. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This definitely qualifies for both CHNC challenges - I love WoW - thanks for entering - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabby WoW creation, Mary...and so beautifully put together.
    hugs, Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  20. Offical hat on today and trying to play catch up. This is an absolutely amazing white on white card Mary.
    The best I have seen so far on Hazels blog. Thank you for joining in at Crafty Hazelnuts Extra this month. Hugs Mrs A. (GDT).

    ReplyDelete